Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stepping out of my box!!!

I woke up that morning and headed straight for the shower. In the middle of my daily routine to wake and start my day, my mother begins pounding on the bathroom door telling me that my uncle is on the phone and that I must answer it immediately! I was not about to jump out of the shower to answer the phone due to the simple fact that I had shampoo in my hair and was still half asleep. To my dismay and hesitation I finally answered the phone after of course, several attempts to get me out of the bathroom. I thought to myself what on earth could my uncle want from me on a Monday morning at 6:40am? He insisted that I meet him in downtown Miami so that I could register!!! In an effort to meet him in a timely matter I frantically got out of the shower, and rushed into my car at approximately 7:55. I was then on my way to downtown Miami to meet my uncle at the AAA. I stood in a registration line with my little cousin (who was there for the same reason I was) and uncle for about 15 minutes and was told that we needed to return on Wednesday morning with all our registration paperwork to audition. As I left downtown that day I was still unsure as to why I even drove there to register to begin with and if I would even go through with the audition at all. What was I thinking? Had I gone insane? I was contemplating on all these things as I drove to work for which I was already and hour late for. You are probably wondering to yourself what on earth did I registered for and what was I thinking of auditioning for? Well for about a day and a half I kept what I had done that Monday morning to myself. I kept it from friends and co-works, which for me was really hard to do, so Wednesday finally arrived and I had taken the day off from work so that I could have a shot at being Americas next American Idol. For me that is not something I had ever even thought of doing although many friends and family always insisted that I at least try it out. I still cannot even believe that I went through will the whole ordeal and it will definitely be an experience I will never forget and one that I have definitely learned from.

What is there to lose?

No comments: