Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

If You Look, You Shall Find!

When I was a senior in high school, I went on a search! I went on a search for my prom dress! As some of you may know, I am extremely picky when it comes to formal wear, especially when its for one of the biggest events in High School! I went to every store in the South Florida searching for the perfect prom dress, I even flew to New York for a day in hopes of finding her! After many months of searching I found a pink Lillie Rubin dress that I fell in love with. Almost eight years later I still think the dress is beautiful, but now I am on a search for a different dress! I am now searching for my wedding gown. I believe that this search will not be as easy as it was searching for my prom dress, but nonetheless know she will be found. It is crazy to think how swiftly time passes by, and as I embark on my search I was given the advice that once you find her (the dress) STOP looking!!! The elderly lady that gave me this piece of advice told me in Spanish "si sigues buscando, vas a encontrar" translation "if you keep looking, you will find". What she said to me that day really stuck with me, because it was something so simple that made so much sense. The way she said it was as though it had a second meaning that not only applied to finding my dress, but that it applied to other aspects of life as well. If you think about it, it really does. If you have found what you are looking for, why keeping looking? If you are looking, then keeping looking till you find!!!

No comments: