Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Annual COH Toy Drive 2009

For the past several years I have participated in the COH Toy Drive, it is one of my favorite events to attend and participate in during the holiday season. This year a total of eleven local elementary schools participated and over 335 children received toys, which were donated by city employees. What I love most about this event is seeing the excitement and innocence on the children's faces as they see Santa and Mrs. Clause come into the park on Police Motorcycles units. I love how they cheer for Santa to appear... :children chanting: " Santa... Santa ...Santa" and when he finally appears there is nothing but jubilation in the air!!!! Finally I love seeing them tear apart the wrapping paper to see what gift is awaiting them!!! Christmas is such a great time and I hope that people do not get so caught up in getting that they forget to give. I believe you get so much more when you give!!

Some of Santa's Helpers

Mr. and Mrs. Clause

K-9 Unit Presentation

Norma and I




No comments: